Some Thoughts About Marketing Farms and Land…
Marketing a farm or development property is different from marketing a residence. Residences are often sold on emotion or because of immediate buyer relocation needs. Farms or development properties are almost never sold on emotion or impulse.
We supply marketing support as follows:
1. SIGNS Exposure to the market place is the key to selling any property. We will place at least a 3 x 5 sign on your property after listing the parcel for sale. The sign will indicate parcel size, tillable acres, farmstead and development potential. It will also have our office phone number and a large tag under the sign indicating www.RandyErwin.com
2. BROCHURES Usually a prospective buyer is not at your elbow when a property is introduced. You have only one chance to make a good first impression. The brochure we will prepare for your property will provide accurate and concise information in a professional manner. It will be in both print and pdf format. You already have several samples of such a brochure. We certainly can provide others.
3. PRINT ADVERTISING We frankly do very little print advertising anymore. We have not found it to be very effective and generate the majority of our leads from the MLS in IL and WI as well as many other internet sites.
4. QUARTERLY FARM MAILING Harding Real Estate distributes a Quarterly Farm Mailing to all the landowners of 40 acres or more in McHenry, Boone, Kane, DeKalb and Lake Counties in Illinois and Walworth and Kenosha counties in Wisconsin. We regularly include a list of our new farm and land listings as well as a mention of those we sold recently. This mailing generates many calls.
5. MULTIPLE LISTING SERVICE Harding Real Estate is part of the Multiple Listing Service of Northern Illinois, Inc. This is the largest single source of real estate listings in the Chicago land area and is also one of the very largest MLS systems in the world. All of our listings reach the 275,000+ Realtors in Cook County, Illinois as well as 9 surrounding counties such as Lake, McHenry and Boone along the state line. We are also members of the Lakes Region MLS. Hence your listing will appear in the WI MLS also.
6. INTERNET MARKETING A discussion about marketing your farm would not be complete without a discussion about internet exposure. While many farm buyers and sellers still rely on print advertising, increasingly more and more are turning to the internet for information. Both Harding Real Estate and Randy Erwin have Web pages designed to showcase current listings with links to additional on line real estate sites. Harding Real Estate may be found at: www.HardingRealEstate.com while Randy’s address is:www.RandyErwin.com We always use our internet tag on our road signs and print advertising as well.
In addition to the above mentioned websites we also advertise our properties at:
www.HomesandLand.com and www.LandsofAmerica.com
Both sites showcase homes with acreage and vacant land. Lands of America has over 350 partner websites. Our properties are advertised on many of those sites depending on the type of property involved.
7. GUIDING YOUR SALE Randy Erwin and Natalie Torres are full time real estate agents licensed in both Illinois and Wisconsin. While we could discuss sales volume as a way of measuring success (for example: almost 3000 acres sold in 2012), we prefer to think of clients as individuals. Experience and success has produced many referrals from satisfied customers. If you wish references we will be pleased to provide many. We feels working closely with clients is usually the best way to create a reasonable level of selling price expectation which subsequently will result is a fair selling price for properties as quickly as possible.
9. FULL TIME CLOSING OFFICER Once the sales contract is signed we coordinate with the seller and the attorneys involved to be sure the title policy, well and septic report, survey, mortgage, property inspections, environmental reports and other items required for a closing are not over looked. Our full time closing officer helps us all stay on top of all the details to assure your closing occurs as contracted.
10. REAL ESTATE VOLUME It pays to list your property with a company and agent handling a large amount of farm and land real estate. The Randy Erwin Team has a significant and on-going presence in the farm market within Northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. Our large number of farm and land listings generate many calls – some of which will be prospects for your property.
There is no magic to effective real estate marketing. It requires the Sellers and the Realtors working closely together until the job is done.
We will be communicating!!
Randall H. Erwin Natalie Torres
Harding Real Estate Harding Real Estate
Licensed in Illinois and Wisconsin Licensed in Illinois and Wisconsin